Below is a quick review I wrote while onboard my very first cruise Seabourn cruise.
The first impressions recorded below still hold true many years later after having sailed with them many times since.
What follows sums up much of why they remain, to this day, after having sailed on all the high end brands, my favourite, 6 star cruise line.
Sometimes in life you stumble across things of such beauty, such grace, such perfection that tears well in your eyes.
It might be a sublime piece of music performed by a consummate artist, or a work of art, or the cuteness of a new puppy, or at times it can be a connection with a stranger involving a shared joy that touches a humanity that lives deep inside us all.
I’ve cried the odd tear this week by the sheer beauty of the experience we have shared. These amazing people who are all true artists in what they do, have welcomed us into their home, and that is what this ship is, and although we are paying guests it is has definitely been a journey we have shared equally with them together.
I know this is not a unique or uncommon feeling at the end of many cruises. But none has ever come close to the sheer joy, the sheer magic of the seabourn experience.
It is something far beyond the capacity of words to describe. But perhaps the smiles in some of the photos give the best insight into why the tears have been so apt, so appropriate.
This has been one of the most life changing, life affirming weeks of my life.
But most of all to the Seabourn team. They are the best in the business.
- Seabourn: a luxury cruise line that operates a fleet of small and elegant ships1
- Seven yachts: two Encore-class, three Odyssey-class and two expedition ships2
- Carry between 264 and 604 guests, depending on the ship class
- Cruise to over 150 ports in 50 nations, offering diverse and immersive experiences
- Offer a casual yet upscale environment and personalized service
- Feature gourmet dining, world-class entertainment, wellness programs and water sports
- Ship Classes: different styles and features for different preferences2
- Encore-class: the newest and largest ships in the fleet, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation, launched in 2016 and 2018 respectively2. They offer more dining venues, including The Grill by Thomas Keller and Sushi, more suites, including the Wintergarden and Signature suites, and more amenities, such as the Retreat and the Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil2.
- Odyssey-class: the older and smaller ships in the fleet, Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn and Seabourn Quest, launched between 2009 and 20112. They offer a more intimate and cozy atmosphere, with all ocean-view suites, most with verandas, four dining venues, including Restaurant 2 and Patio Grill, and a variety of lounges, bars and entertainment options2.
- Expedition ships: the newest and most adventurous ships in the fleet, Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit, launching in 2022 and 2023 respectively2. They are designed and built for diverse environments and include modern hardware and technology, such as Zodiacs, kayaks, submarines, a Discovery Center, an Expedition Lounge and a Bow Lounge1. They also have 132 all-veranda suites, six dining venues, including The Colonnade and Earth & Ocean, and a team of expert expedition leaders.